It is a life long process until we arrive in Heaven! Then we will really be like Him! Spiritual growth does not happen by default. It requires the right diet and exercise, along with the enabling grace of our Lord. We need a diet of the Word of God. That comes from our personal reading and studying, and by learning from others who can teach us.
Spiritual exercise involves putting into action what we learn. It includes obedience to the Scriptures and serving others. Here are a few suggestions to help you in the process:
- Use available resources for growing in your new relationship with Christ. Here is a link to some of them: Discipleship Resources
- Develop a prayer life: Desiring God: Prayer | Navigators: Prayer | Prayer Resources
- Discover your God given spiritual gifts and use them! Spiritual Gifts
- Serve in and through your local church first: Serve In Church
- Get connected to a small group of believers that meet regularly. It is there you can do life together. Relationships are vital in our spiritual journey. We are part of the Body of Christ. The body is one entity, made up of many different parts that are interconnected. When any part of the body is disconnected from the body, it cannot function or live! Small Groups